We have identified three areas that help define Broadmoor. We are . . .
Broadmoor is a family of believers committed to the commonly held, classic doctrines of the Christian church. A one sentence summary is: We affirm, embrace, and celebrate the love of the Father, the grace of Jesus Christ, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit.
- The Father is defined by love and holiness. He desires to bring all people to Him.
- Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life. We come to God through Christ.
- The Spirit abides in us, reminding us of Jesus’ teaching and guiding us in life.
We are supporters of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, and are proud of the spiritual and intellectual heritage the Baptist tradition represents. Being Baptist means emphasizing several important themes:
- The Bible is the written Word of God, uniquely inspired by Him, and leading us to discern and follow the Way of Christ.
- Salvation comes through grace from God by our faith in Christ.
- We baptize by immersion and cherish the special symbolism immersion represents.
- Missions are a vital expression of our calling as Christians. Each Christian is to be part of God’s mission to the world.
- We believe in the separation of church and state.
- The priesthood of the believer highlights your freedom to learn personally from God, your right to read and interpret the scripture as the Spirit leads you, and to use your mind in addition to your heart to grow in Christ.
Every individual church has certain practices and traditions that make it unique. Some of these practices and traditions at Broadmoor are:
- We worship in the traditional style. We value clear exposition of Scripture, the hymnal, and music that is reverent, excellent, and moving. We seek to engage your mind as well as your heart.
- Because of our love for God, we share and serve people in and out of the church by giving to missions and doing missions.
- We are very ecumenical and value our relationship with brothers and sisters in Christ from other churches.
- We are committed to intellectual engagement in our discipleship. Broadmoor is a teaching church, committed to learning and growing in wisdom, knowledge, and discernment.
- Broadmoor is committed to affirming God’s call to women in all forms of ministry. We believe the scripture affirms the full equality of men and women, and we believe God has led us to be a church that encourages women to serve in any capacity to which God has called them.