The Greek word “disciple” means one who learns. The Bible has a great deal to say about the mind and how a Christian should seek wisdom, discernment, and knowledge. We believe a Christian should always be learning and growing in the knowledge of Christ. At Broadmoor we emphasize in-depth teaching of the scripture and offer multiple opportunities for you to learn about the Way of Christ through the Word.
The central teaching program at Broadmoor is Sunday morning Bible study. These classes fill several important needs.
- Learning. The focus of each class is on the Scripture and learning its meaning and application. Teaching methods vary from class to class, but you will always have an opportunity to read, discuss, and learn the Word.
- Fellowship. You normally do not have an opportunity to meet and get to know people in a large worship service, but a small Bible study group enables you to learn names and develop friendships. Fellowship, or koinonia in Greek, is an important part of growing as a Christian.
- Service. A Bible study class is often the first group to learn of needs among its members and work to meet those needs. Service and ministry opportunities in the larger church setting and in the community, are important ways of expressing and confirming what you have learned in the Word.
- Outreach. People become Christians and become better Christians through God’s Word. Inviting someone to come with you to a Sunday morning Bible study class is one of the easiest and most effective ways to share faith in Christ.
Classes are available for all age groups. Infants through high school students have classes that are developmentally appropriate. Children need solid spiritual foundations just as they need solid academic foundation, so we encourage parents to enroll their children in Sunday School. Adults also have a life-long need to learn more about God through His Word. No matter how many times you may have heard a familiar passage of scripture, you are likely to gain some new insight.
Other Learning Opportunities include:
- Wednesday night Bible study following our fellowship meal.
- Missions organizations for children teach how the Word is transformed into action.
- Wednesday night Youth Bible study is led by our Minister of Youth and Children, Dave Oakley.
- Broadmoor offers other special Bible studies throughout the year such as retreats and special emphases. Read the Broadmoor Baptist Bulletin for these opportunities.